PINEAPPLE FRITTER WITH RUM CARAMEL
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1 ½ cup soda water
- Pinch of salt
- One pineapple, peeled and cubed
- A pot of frying oil for pineapple fritter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ ts salt
- 2 TBS lime juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 TBS butter
- ¼ cup dark rum
- To make the batter, whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.
- To make the pineapple fritter, dredge the pineapple in the flour and make sure it is coated well.
- Heat the oil to medium. Dip the pineapple nuggets into the batter one at a time until crisp, then set aside.
- To make the caramel, pour the sugar into a shallow pan. Heat to caramel the sugar, then gently add the cream and butter. Gently stir to combine, add salt and lime juice, and bring to boil, then stir in the rum and set aside.
- Serve the pineapple with rum caramel dip.
Text by Nateampai Sarakosass / Photos by Rachapant Sukrattanachaikul
See more fascinating dishes in: digital.bookkurry.com/dishes/lt/lifestyle/issue_71#page/56