MGallery is a pioneer in addressing the distinct needs of the female travelers, with a special offering designed especially for women: ‘Inspired by her’. Through it, MGallery has been responding to and anticipating the demands of a growing feminine clientele, with exclusive services and special considerations throughout their stay: attention to details through beauty items, feminine touches at the restaurant and the bar, and other special gesture from welcoming the staff.
Committed to making ‘Inspired by Her’ the best it can be, MGallery launched an in-depth study with the global marketing research company, IPSOS, to examine the habits and requirements of the female traveler. Close to 3000 participants in 4 countries – France, Italy, Great Britain and Australia – were surveyed on the specific expectations of women staying at upmarket hotels.
The results revealed that 86% of women surveyed (and 80% of men) favored a female-oriented hospitality program within a hotel and when it comes to determining the destination, the vast majority – 83% of women surveyed said that they have the last word.
It was learnt that while men and women are similar in their appreciation of special gestures in a hotel such as attentive staff and name recognition, women are particularly appreciative of elements like gifts at the end of their stay (88%), help with their luggage (74%) and a handwritten message to welcome them (71%).
One element that unites all the women surveyed is a love and appreciation of the luxury toiletries found in better hotel bathrooms. Up to 90% of ladies like them. In fact, the bathroom seems to be the women’s domain, with 75% of women habitually claiming their sink space with their own toiletries and beauty products when they check in. Only 48% will take the same care to unpack their clothes and hang items in the closet each time they travel. A creased blouse may be less important than other kinds of wrinkles!
As Senior VP Global Marketing for MGallery, Agnès Roquefort states “We want to bring a feminine touch that enriches our guests experience through details and particular attentions. Having listened to women and being women ourselves, we are extremely proud to be rolling out the Inspired By Her program across MGallery hotels as we know it will make travel a much more pleasant experience for women.”
In the Upper Southeast Asia region, MGallery offers a collection of charming, inspiring and singular boutique hotels:
- The Lake Garden features contemporary design in the new capital city of Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
- 3 Nagas in Luang Prabang allows guests to admire French colonial design while partaking in local traditions with monks collecting alms in the morning.
- Along Thailand’s beautiful coast in Pattaya, Hotel Baraquda is complete with rooftop bar and stylish suites and the Veranda Resort Pattaya pampers with a luxury spa, infinity pool and perfect beachfront view.
- In Hua Hin, Thailand, choose between the Veranda Resort Hua Hin, an oasis of calm complete with spa with feng shui-inspired gardens or an exclusive retreat at one of V Villas’ luxurious pool villas.
- The Veranda High Resort in Chang Mai offers mesmerizing panoramic views of the green mountains amid rice paddies and holy temples.
- In Phuket, the Avista Hideway Phuket Patong mixes contemporary design with Thai traditional culture in a serene setting and the new Avista Grande Phuket Karon features 159 rooms and suites in Sino-Portuguese styles that blend Phuket’s mining heritage with rich European furnishings, perched on a mountainside with resplendent views of the Andaman Sea.
- VIE Hotel Bangkok pays homage to the cinema heritage of the area. Works of art, exotic furniture and silk drapes adorn the hotel’s enchanting atmosphere.
- Hotel Muse takes you on a journey back to 19th century Siam with bedrooms designed with timeless elegance and the award-winning Speakeasy rooftop bar overlooking the Bangkok skyline.
- Vietnam’s ancient city of Hanoi offers Hotel de l’Opera, with its colonial architecture and theatrically inspired interior looking over the historic Hanoi Opera House.
- Central Vietnam’s Hotel Royal Hoi An sits on the bank of the river and at the center of this world heritage town, retaining its old world charm and welcoming an additional wing of bedrooms in 2018.
- Hotel Des Arts blends the classic ‘Indochine Francaise’ charm with timeless chic along with the ‘place to be seen’ rooftop bar and restaurant to party the night away over the Saigon skyline.
- The beautiful Emerald Isle of Phu Quoc La Veranda Resort has airy rooms and bespoke furniture taking one on an elegant journey to a bygone era.
In 2018, MGallery will add two hotels designed by Bill Bensley: Hotel de la Coupole in Sapa along the Northern Vietnam border, and the Legacy Yen Tu, set next to the pilgrimage site at Yen Tu Mountain, which is a short drive from Ha Long Bay.
With this selection of hotels and resorts now offering the ‘Inspired by Her’ program, MGallery by Sofitel pays a special attention to a growing female clientele through exclusive services and special attention to details. To bring the guest’s experience further, they will also enjoy bespoke design, sensorial mixology, artful stories and well being dedicated to women in each of these hotels.