SPICED MOULES MARINIERE
- 2 cups Mussels, washed and cleaned
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 2 TBS Chopped Onion
- 2 TBS Tomato, skinned and cubed
- 1 TBS Chopped Parsley
- 1 ts Honey
- 2/3 cup White Wine
- ½ ts Tumeric
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan to a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion, sauté for a minute, then add turmeric and stir to heat through.
2. Bring to a higher heat, add the mussels, and deglaze the pan with white wine. Bring to the boil and cover the pan with a lid.
3. Steam the mussels until they all are open for a few minutes, then open the lid and spoon the mussels out of the pan.
4. Reduce the sauce down for a few minutes, then add the heavy cream, honey and tomato. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the cooked mussels in a bowl. Ladle the sauce on top of the mussels.
Text by Nateampai Sarakosass / Photos by Rachapant Sukrattanachaikul
See more fascinating dishes in: digital.bookkurry.com/dishes/lt/lifestyle/issue_72#page/54